Suggestions to set up Jeopardy Game
The Jeopardy game template is a powerpoint presentation so a digital projector would be required and an Interactive White Board (IWB) could be used as well. If possible, buzzers for the groups will create a more competitive but fun atmosphere for the students.
How to play Jeopardy Game
- Select students to be in groups of 3-4. Group size can be varied depending on the size of your class.
- Ask students to create a name for their team.
- Play paper rock scissors or roll dice to determine which team will have first pick.
- The host shall keep track of who has control of the board and will read out the answers for the teams.
- If the group answers correctly or another group manages to steal the question, that group receives the points for that question. The groups will keep track of their own scores. Incorrect answers result in point deductions.
- This is repeated until either all the questions have been answered or the class ends.
- Double Jeopardy allows the each group to wager any value of points in their possession. This final question is in written form and if correctly answered will result in the wager amount being added to the group's total points.
- The winner is the group with the greatest number of points.